New Destiny offers trauma-informed services on-site to tenants in our permanent housing through our Family Support Program. Staff collaborate with survivors to help them overcome obstacles on their path to independence and self-sufficiency. Our Family Support Program empowers all of our tenants and offers them the support they need to build a better tomorrow for themselves and their children.
The Family Support Program is a successful model for delivering services that results in housing stability and ends the cycle of violence in these families. Each year, nearly 100% of the families in our buildings remain stable in their housing and free from new incidents of domestic violence. The outcome is that families remain intact and children are given a chance to flourish and succeed academically. A longitudinal study of the program by researchers from Rutgers University and Baruch College found that our affordable, permanent housing combined with specially tailored services provides housing stability and a foundation that allows survivors to progress in other areas of their lives.
- Individual counseling for adults and children
- Domestic violence counseling and safety planning
- Employment coaching and work readiness
- Public benefits management
- Children’s programming
- Family activities and social events
- Therapeutic and recreational activities for children
- Academic assistance for children
- Workshops on topics such as health, legal issues and personal finances
- Referrals to specialized services including legal programs and job training
- Eviction prevention services