Front Door Monitor (Bronx)
New Destiny is seeking a full-time Front Door Monitor for a service-enriched affordable housing building in the Bronx. The Front Door Monitor is responsible for maintaining the safety and well-being of the tenants, staff and physical plant of the assigned building. The Front Door Monitor will work as part of the Family Support Program team which provides on-site support services for tenants and with the on-site superintendent. The Front Door Monitor is expected to use his/her judgment to determine the most appropriate course of action for a given situation.
The Front Door Monitor reports directly to the Tenant Support Coordinator.
The Front Door Monitor is required to work Tuesdays through Thursdays from 5:00 pm to 12:00 am and Fridays and Saturday from 6:00 pm to 1:00 am.
- Maintain the security of the building and its immediate surroundings (e.g., front steps, backyard) by monitoring and, if appropriate, reporting suspicious or unusual activity to the Housing Services Director and/or the police, if necessary.
- Patrol interior hallways and exterior of building once per hour. These rounds must be documented in the Building Log Book.
- Document all incidents on the New Destiny Housing Corporation Incident Report Form and the Building Log Book and contact the Tenant Support Coordinator and Housing Services Director to report any incident.
- Monitor the CCTV system to observe suspicious activity either inside or outside of the building and take necessary action.
- In case of emergency, contact either the police or fire department depending on the circumstances.
- Call the Housing Services Director to report incidents that require police contact before calling the police if possible or immediately after calling the police if an emergency situation.
- Communicate with staff on duty about any situations requiring attention.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum – High School Diploma or G.E.D with at least 1 year of security guard experience in a residential setting.
- Security Guard License is required.
- Additional requirements include computer proficiency, and strong writing and communication skills. CPR and Fire Guard a plus.
Excellent benefits. Please email resume and a detailed cover letter to New Destiny at firstname.lastname@example.org with Front Door Monitor in the subject line.