Open Positions – Positions are posted until filled
Project Manager, Affordable Housing Development
New Destiny is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the development of new residential real estate projects. The candidate will report to the Director of Housing Development.
Coordinates all elements of project development:
- Project concept development
- Design development
- Proposal writing
- Prepares financial analysis and projections
- Formulates funding strategy
- Coordinates the development team – architects, engineers, legal team, funders, contractors
- Construction administration
- Prepares for loan closings
- Site selection/acquisition/feasibility analysis
- Identify funding sources
- Prepare funding applications
- Negotiate contracts
- Package financing
- Select development team
- Attend construction meetings
- Track and disburse funding
- Report on project
- Manage loans and grants
Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred. Minimum five years or experience in real estate development. Experience in real estate finance, management, urban planning, business administration, or a related field a plus. Outstanding written and oral communication, organization and computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Self-motivated to achieve high standards.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Please email resume (SUBJECT: Property Manager) and a detailed cover letter to New Destiny at email@example.com.
Leasing and Compliance Manager
New Destiny is seeking a Leasing and Compliance Manager to oversee the rent-up of new projects and vacant units in existing properties and ensure that New Destiny’s properties are well-managed, operate with positive cash flows and meet funder requirements. The Leasing & Compliance Manager is a full-time staff position reporting directly to the Executive Director.
New Destiny’s housing has been developed with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) in conjunction with City and State capital programs for affordable and supportive housing. The Leasing and Compliance Manager’s activities will focus on four main goals – ensuring the timely rent-up of new projects and selected applicants meet project requirements; facilitating the turnaround of vacant units in existing projects in accordance with project requirements; ensuring compliance with capital funder and investor requirements and federal, local and state laws; and monitoring the property management and maintenance of the buildings performed by a third party manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement the rent-up of new projects and facilitate the timely rent-up of vacant units in existing projects.
- Administer NYS Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative (ESSHI) rental subsidies to ensure timely reimbursement and subsidy payments.
- Serve as liaison with the third-party property manager, managing monthly meetings, and contacting the manager as necessary to collect information or raise issues.
- Analyze monthly reports prepared by the third-party property manager showing revenues and expenditures and budget-to-actual variances of existing properties to gauge the property manager’s performance and raise questions where appropriate.
- Distribute tenant legal notices to New Destiny social service staff and make recommendations, as appropriate, to address arrears and legal issues.
- Ensure timely submission of all compliance reports for funders and tax credit investors including quarterly financial and occupancy reports, working closely with New Destiny’s fiscal and social service departments and the third-party property manager.
- Ensure that quarterly inspections of the properties are conducted by an independent third party.
- Work with third-party property manager to plan and execute repairs as necessary, including assessing the scope of work, cost, and timeframe.
- Ensure that reserve accounts are maintained in appropriate amounts and funded in a timely manner.
- Review building violations reports quarterly to ensure that they are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Engage in other activities as appropriate.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree plus at least three years of affordable and/or supportive property management experience.
- LIHTC certification and experience working with LIHTC projects is required.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, NYC and NYS affordable housing funding sources is highly desirable.
- Experience with and knowledge of local, state and federal housing subsidies is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing the rent-up of LIHTC units is required.
- Candidate must be highly organized, comfortable with Excel and the development of spreadsheets and budgets, and be capable of and interested in creating systems to analyze property performance.
- Strong written and communication skills as well as the capacity to think and act independently required.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Email resume (SUBJECT: Leasing and Compliance Manager) and cover letter to New Destiny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff Accountant (Full Time)
The full charge Staff Accountant will be responsible for NDHC’S cash receipts and payment processing, including posting to the computerized accounting system to ensure accurate coding and allocations of invoices and proper authorization and timely payment of the organization’s payables; payroll processing; maintaining updated payables files (hard copies) in an audit-ready state; ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of banking transactions such as deposits and preparing daily cash position reports; reconciling bank accounts monthly; posting depreciation expense monthly and maintaining and updating the organization’s equipment and other fixed assets inventory; updating and maintaining the monthly Cash Flow schedule; and preparing and analyzing financial statements as needed. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Administration.
RESPONSIBILITIES & BASELINE OUTCOME MEASURES
- 1) AP/AR:
- Monitors transactions for several funds/companies.
- Tracks income and expenses for several rental properties.
- Books capital expenditures for real estate projects under development.
- Posts accounts payables and receivables.
- Tracks time and leave for employees.
- Allocates expenses against funding streams.
- Prepares fiscal reports for funding sources.
- Records accurately and in a timely manner all payables and paid vouchers to the financial software.
- Processes all disbursements and checks for signature by authorized officers.
- Maintains and updates a list of time sensitive payables/invoices, bringing to the attention of the Finance Manager or the Director of Finance in a timely manner any pending issues related to invoices.
- Completes bank reconciliations of all Accounts each month.
- Responsible for updating the Monthly CF schedule.
- Prepares information for the annual audit, including schedules, and provides related support/documentation as requested during audit period.
- Follows and updates monthly checklist to complete all tasks necessary for the monthly close.
- Assists with annual budget preparation.
- 2) Banking:
- Prepares daily cash position report.
- Receives cash donations and signs Chain of Custody form.
- Ensures correct and timely deposit of all cash receipts.
- Responsible for making the deposits.
- 3) Equipment and Other Fixed Assets Inventory Register:
- Books depreciation transactions in the GL every month.
- 4) Payroll Responsibilities:
- Prepares payroll template to submit to PEO after review by Finance Manager.
- Prepares and posts payroll journal entries showing the appropriate program and department allocations in the GL after each pay period.
- Reconciles payroll register, 941, NYS-45 reports and GL entries monthly and
- Prepares miscellaneous external payroll reports as required.
- 5) Performs other tasks that maybe assigned by Finance Manager and Director of Finance.
Bachelor’s degree minimum in Accounting with at least 3 years of accounting experience or satisfactory comparable experience and training. Proficient in Fund EZ accounting software and Excel. Must be well organized, detail-oriented, with good communication skills and able to operate well under pressure and independently. Candidates are expected to take rapidly assume full charge of all the responsibilities listed.
Experience with real estate and affordable housing accounting preferred. Experience with payroll processing and working with PEOs such as Insperity, Paychex or ADP is a plus. Not-for-profit experience preferred.
This is a full-time professional position based in mid-town Manhattan. Generous pension plan and competitive health benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.