Open Positions – Positions are posted until filled
New Destiny is seeking to hire four (4) Case Managers who will be based on-site at one of New Destiny’s service-enriched affordable properties. Three positions are in the Bronx and one is in Brooklyn. The Case Manager will be part of New Destiny’s Family Support Program team and will collaborate with the Tenant Support Coordinator to maintain and grow a robust program at the designated site in support of program and individual goals: fostering family stability by connecting families to resources; maintaining a violence- free environment; and helping children thrive emotionally, physically, and academically.
This is a full-time position requiring one late night a week (e.g., 11:00 am to 7:00 pm) and occasional weekend hours. The Case Manager reports directly to the Tenant Support Coordinator.
Case Management Responsibilities
- Develop children’s programming in collaboration with the Tenant Support Coordinator and the families.
- Provide supportive counseling (one-on-one, group and for families) and parent workshops.
- Work with families to create and implement annual service plans.
- At minimum, conduct annual assessments with tenants on the following areas: education, safety, income and housing stability.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate therapeutic activities for children.
- Research, organize and implement afterschool and occasional weekend activities.
- Build connections in the community and provide referrals to parenting and counseling groups, and to recreational and educational programs.
- Work with families to follow-up with schools, clinics and other providers where appropriate.
- Contribute to the program database of borough- specific and city wide educational and recreational programs.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Tenant Support Coordinator.
- Prepare monthly reports on program activities including the type of activity and participation rate.
- Collect and maintain information on children and families (report cards, skills evaluation, surveys).
- Conduct monthly case conferences with Family Support Program staff.
- Maintain up-to-date case files and ensure all data is inputted into the case management database.
- Contribute to the development of best practices for the Family Support Program.
- Work with volunteers and Interns to enrich youth and family events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A BSW or BA/S in the areas of Psychology, Sociology, Early Education preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of direct client service required.
- Knowledge and experience assisting clients access resources in the areas of housing stability, health & mental health and food security.
- Proven track record in engaging children and adults who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence.
- Ability to be empathetic, creative and resourceful. Experience with trauma-informed care preferred.
- Ideal candidate is a person who is highly organized, flexible and resourceful. .
- Strong written and oral communication skills, computer literacy and sound judgment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at resumes@NewDestinyHousing.org. Include “Case Manager” in the subject line.
Tenant Support Coordinator
New Destiny is seeking a full-time Tenant Support Coordinator to provide regular on-site services at Marcello Manor, a 38 unit service-enriched permanent, affordable housing development in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. The successful candidate will be a creative, resourceful and organized professional who is comfortable working independently and who has a strong commitment to helping previously homeless and very low-income households remain stable in permanent housing while developing plans for achieving greater economic security.
This position requires working one weekday night (e.g., 11 AM to 7 PM), occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday for special events and reports directly to the Housing Services Director.
Core Function and Responsibilities
Tenant Engagement and Community Organizing
- Actively engage tenants to participate in program services and activities.
- Foster tenant interaction and build community within the building.
- Develop and implement workshops that reflect the interests of tenants.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan enriching activities for children and adults.
- Maintain transparency with tenants regarding expectations, requirements and provide support as needed.
Case Management Services
- Develop annual service goals and review safety plans with tenants.
- Assist tenants to apply for and maintain housing subsidies and other benefits.
- Provide counseling to tenants as appropriate on issues such as safety planning, parenting, and budgeting.
- In conjunction with the Property Manager, engage and assist tenants who are in arrears or at risk of becoming housing unstable.
- Work collaboratively with the Children and Family Services Coordinator to engage tenants and their children in need of additional support.
- Develop strong relationships with appropriate medical and mental health providers, job readiness/training and placement programs; educational and recreation programs.
- Provide referrals and linkages to appropriate services for clients in need of support.
- Prepare monthly reports on program activities, services provided and individual outcomes.
- Maintain program data integrity by inputting client information on a weekly basis.
- Collect and input quantitative and qualitative data gathered from program participants and partners in support of a program evaluation and ongoing data collection needs.
- Attend internal & external meetings, as needed.
- Other duties as directed
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in a client-facing, nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity working with survivors of domestic violence and/or homelessness.
- Must be responsible, flexible, a self-starter, able to work independently and respond appropriately in crises.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Spanish fluency.
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits, entitlements and services offered in NYC.
- Experience with trauma-informed care.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered people are encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Tenant Support Coordinator” in the subject line.