Who We Are
New Destiny is the only NYC organization focused on long-term solutions for breaking the cycle of violence. Our approach gives families the tools they need to rebuild their lives. Our track record proves it works.
- New York YIMBY – Jan. 10, 2017 Permits Filed: Eight stories of supportive housing for the homeless at 902 Jennings Street, Crotona Park East.
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle – Jan. 9, 2017 Gillibrand: Homeless domestic violence survivors shouldn’t be invisible, deserve more federal resources.
- Newsday – Jan. 8, 2017 U.S. needs to assist ‘invisible’ homeless, Sen. Gillibrand says.
- WNYC News – Jan. 8, 2016 Gillibrand Wants Trump Admin. to Count Homeless Domestic Violence Survivors.
- New York Times – May 10, 2016 Letter to the Editor by Carol Corden on homeless families in NYC.
- Huffington Post – March 2016 Survivors, advocates and experts, including Carol Corden, on how to reduce fatal domestic violence.
- NYN Media – January 2016 Advocates comment on New York City's policy changes regarding homeless victims of domestic violence
- Huffington Post – January 2016 One New York City nonprofit is trying to make it easier for domestic violence survivors to leave their partners.
- NYN Media – December 2015 Explains the impact of not including domestic violence survivors in the HUD homeless count
- City & State – May 2015 The True Cost of Domestic Violence. Article includes quotes from Catherine Trapani
- NYNP – April 2015 Carol Corden selected as a leader in the non-profit sector
- NYNP – March 2015 New Destiny Housing Raises $230K at Annual Benefit
- NYNP – January 2015 New Destiny Adds Four New Board Members
- NYNP – December 2014 New Destiny's Project HOME
- New York Times – November 2014 report on domestic violence includes a quote from Carol Corden
- DNAinfo – June 2014 New Destiny mentioned in supportive housing article
- MUG – May 2014 New Destiny Housing featured
- DNAinfo – June 2014 Bainbridge Manor opening ceremony
- WBAI – 2014 Catherine Trapani interviewed on WBAI about NYCHA and domestic violence priority housing
- Crain's – January 2014 Stalled Bronx condo project gets second life
- Queens Ledger – September 2013 Domestic Violence and Homelessness
- Gotham Gazette – September 2013 Op-Ed: Domestic Violence, Homelessness And The Next Mayor
- NY Daily News – September 2013 Be Our Guest: City must help domestic violence survivors find safe, affordable housing
- Huffington Post – September 2013 To Curb Domestic Violence, Start with Housing
- NY Daily News – December 2012 New Destiny Housing Filling with Tenants
- WNYC – October 2012 Without Housing Assistance, Victims of Domestic Violence Face Hard Choices, Report Finds
New Destiny has been recognized for its excellence in affordable housing by:
- City & State – Above & Beyond Award – Carol Corden (2015)
- SHNNY – Residence of the Year (2014)
- New York State Association of Affordable Housing (2011)
- Bank of America – Neighborhood Builder (2011)
- TD Bank – Housing For Everyone (2010)
July 2016 – Celebrating Partnerships
May 2016 – Annual Benefit overview
October 2015 – Celebrating Partnerships
August 2015 – Opening of The Morris building
April 2015 – Annual Benefit overview